UPDATED: I'm thrilled to see all the great reaction to the Oscar Dogs post! It's gone viral in the past 24 hours. You can find it all over the web:
- Serious Eats originally published the post along with Dorm Room Dinner.
- Buzz Feed picked it up.
- Short List Magazine reviewed and published the Oscar Dogs on their website.
- Moviefone (Huffington Post), IMDb, The 814 Times, UrMovieStar, TrendHunter and NextMovie wrote about it.
- CityPages listed it as their #1 food related to the Oscars.
- Twitter: NYT Dining, amNewYork, and Amanda Hesser tweeted it, Isaac Mizrahi called it "#genius".
- And it's been twittering, blogging, Tumblring, StumbleUpon-ed all day.
Which means only one thing: We need some response from The Academy itself. I'm proposing to The Academy that they try these dogs for themselves!
Can you help me out? Email, tweet, Facebook - whatever have you - The Academy and all the nominees for this year's Best Picture. We want to hear what they think of Oscar Dogs!
Check out the open letter to The Academy below.