|Food trailer in Austin. No relation to post. But cool nonetheless.|
Hope everyone's summer is going swimmingly (literally or figuratively). Thought I'd take care of some housekeeping around here at Dorm Room Dinner and give you a few updates on other food projects I've been working on. It's one crazy food world out there!
1. Huffington Post. I've started writing for the food section of the Huffington Post, on everything from the value of home cooking to why college students should cook to a list of fabulous summer sandwiches. Check it out!
2. edibleNutmeg Magazine. I wrote an article for this magazine on one of my favorite places on earth, Urban Oaks Organic Farm in Connecticut. Read up on this remarkable farm's rise to success.
3. CIBO Magazine. Want to know more about my thesis on Italian-American food? Well, check out the first article in this 5-part series for CIBO Magazine based on my thesis.
4. Thesis. If you still haven't gotten your fill of Italian-American food (pun very much intended), the entirety of my thesis is now available online via WesScholar.
5. FOODSTOCK, the food writers conference I helped organized this past spring at Wesleyan, now has video and audio recordings of all its talks and panels for free online. This is a treasure-trove of food and cooking knowledge, with talks by everyone from Ruth Reichl and Eric Asimov to Dorie Greenspan, Molly O'Neill, Jane Stern, NYC food bloggers and many more (I'm even on one about academic food writing). Not to be missed!